DIY FUNKY FAUX FUR STOOL
A quick little DIY project to add funky fun to your room!
This sad little stool was in my parent's 5th wheel. Mom always rested her feet on it. It's one of the "treasures" I moved it to Texas with me after the estate sale.
Sad little stool with rusted metal caps and cracked green vinyl.
Here's how I updated this in less than an hour (except time for paint to dry!)
- Unscrew the legs from the stool.
- Tape off the wooden legs leaving only the metal caps exposed. These also have a nice plastic on bottom of the caps so I taped that off also.
- Lightly sand the metal with fine sandpaper. I basically just wanted to get the metal nice and smooth. Make sure to wipe it down after to get any dust off.
- Spray paint the metal with your choice of metallic spray paint. I used champagne.
- Cut your faux fur to size and staple to the underside of the stool top.
- Screw the legs back on and enjoy!
Now this cute little stool ready to sit in the guest room with my antique velvet chair from Grandma Smith's house as a funky accent.
|Funky fun fur to pamper your tired little toes...|
I love having little memories of mom & dad's home here with me in Texas. And I think mom would love the improvement! <3 span="">3>
Faux Fur from Hobby Lobby
Rustoleum Metallic spray paint - Champagne Mist
Thrifty Decor Chick
A glad heart makes a happy face. Prov. 15:13