Wednesday, December 13, 2006

40 isn't so bad...


Yesterday was my 40th birthday! I really don't feel that old, but I guess I don't know what 40 feels like since I'm new to it. My mom surprised me by driving down from Michigan to stay for a few days! I'm so glad she came because I had nothing planned for the day. We went shopping and had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. Then the family had dinner at Outback. Then chocolate Hershey cake at home. This morning I was back at the gym...

Here's a picture of me at about age 6 with my sister Tamara, who is a year younger than me. I have a thousand 35 mm slides of my parents to go through and make digital images of. Just getting started and it is a lot of work. I don't have one of those fancy machines with digital ice. I made this digital layout using a "plopper" by Marcee Duggar on DSP. I love this picture!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the colors, I was thinking it was your daughter at first, but then I started reading. Very nice color selection. Don't feel bad.
I didn't know how I would feel about turning 40 until the day I turned 40. I was neither happy nor sad during the day (I don't know the word for that feeling) I did nothing, the kids needed reminding it was my birthday. No problems. Birthdays were never a big thing with me. I did have Nancy Corneil and a friend from church take me to some waffle house in downtown Midland for breakfast which was nice. Later when the kids were asleep; I cried hard. 1/2 my life is over and I have 4 children to show, nothing great and extraordinary that I had hoped for when I graduated high school. I am happy your Mom came to you, that was very special!