Monday, January 05, 2009

52 Blessings - Week 1



I made this tag to start my 52 Blessings project using digi products from Nikki Painter. I was thinking this morning about what to post on my first week. Then as I was reviewing the verse I memorized last week it came to me! My first blessing of the year is God's Word, scripture. Last week I memorized Psalm 1:1-3 - and verse 2 & 3 say: But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither.

I am so thankful that God's Word is readily available here in the U.S. I know not every country has this freedom. What a blessing that we can meditate on his Word and apply it to every day life. The more time I spend in the Word, the more I know about the Lord and want to live my life to glorify Him.

3 comments:

melissac said...

Wonderful choice for your first week's blessing!! His word has definitely been a huge blessing to me as well!!

Natalie said...

Truly a blessing isn't it!?! Love the blinky.

Michelle McVaney said...

Thanks for starting this project! I am so enjoying reading everyones blessings. His Word is truly a huge blessing!:)