Tuesday, January 13, 2009

52 Blessings - Week 2

Well here it is week 2 and I'm 2 days behind posting my blessing for the week. I've really been thinking about it since Sunday, just what I want to post. I feel like there are so many blessings in my life, but what exactly was on my heart this week...
Tonight at Small Group we reviewed a couple of the "Big Rocks" our church is founded on, #2 being Grace Based. And right then when we were reading scripture it dawned on me - GRACE! That is my blessing this week. God's amazing grace! The very thing I could never "earn" is extended to me moment by moment, when I'm not even aware of it, when I surely don't deserve it, and even before I made a commitment to live my life for Christ.
Without God's grace I would not make it through a day. I know that, and it is so freeing!

Our church uses a lot of worship music from Sovereign Grace Ministries and here are some lyrics from one of my favorite songs:

"Through the Precious Blood"
By Mark Altrogge

You have ordained every breath we take
In pleasure or pain, there is no mistake
Gladness and grief, both are in Your hand
And sufferings brief carry out Your plan
And our fleeting sorrows
Will yield an endless prize
When some bright tomorrow
We’ll see You with our eyes, and

{chorus}
Grace upon grace flows down, flows down
Grace upon grace flows down, flows down
Through the precious blood of Christ

Father of lights, Giver of all grace
Your mercies crown our lives all our days
River of Life, quench our thirsty souls
For no true delight does Your love withhold
And in every season
We are satisfied
For just one reason
Christ was crucified, and
{chorus}

If you want to hear a sample of the song, click here. I love this music, it's completely Christ-focused - on what HE did at the cross.


3 comments:

i'm kelly said...

the words to this song are beautiful. thanks for sharing. i can't wait to hear it!

Kay said...

Thanks LouAnn. Loved reading your blessing. The song is great. Thanks so much for sharing this with us. Love ya girl.

Sally said...

Good to see you on here! I'll be peeking in!