Monday, January 19, 2009

52 Blessings - Week 3

This morning part of my Bible reading was Psalm 5 and that gave me my blessing for this week. Verses 1-3 say: Give ear to my words, o Lord, consider my meditation. Give heed to the voice of my cry, My King and my God, for to You I will pray. My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning I will direct it to You, and I will look up.

Prayer is such a blessing; that we can freely talk to God about anything, that we have a relationship with him. So why don't I do it on a more regular basis? Sure, I send up "flare prayers" all day long. But God desires a real intimate time of worship, communication and fellowship with His people, and so many times I don't take the time to do that. I pray that I will learn to be like the Psalmist David, who freely prayed and worshipped the Lord at all times.

May your day be incredibly blessed!

2 comments:

Kim said...

That is something I need to work on too..

Kay said...

Amen LouAnn. What a blessing prayer is. Anyone at any age can have a closeness to God through talking to Him in prayer. I love listening to my son on the rare occasion he prays outloud. Thanks LouAnn