Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Blessing Week 8 - God's Protection

Psalm 91:14-16 “Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.” (NIV)

This last week I've had a couple instances where I knew that God's protective hand is on my life. In both cases my first response was "holy cow that was close" - then "Thank you Lord for protecting me!" (Now, why those two thoughts aren't turned around could be discussion for another day on my lack of complete trust in the Lord.) But for now, I'm writing this blessing on how I see God's protection in my life!

This morning after thanking God for his protection I thought that there are probably many instances in my life where God is protecting me that I'm not even aware of. And it caused me to think about God's plan for my life. Most times I'm not sure exactly what it is, or if I'm even doing what He has planned. But one thing I'm sure of, because He continues to protect me, His plan for me must not be fulfilled yet! :D

Thank you Lord, for protecting me, and help me to see and fulfill Your plan so that I may honor You!


A glad heart makes a happy face. Prov. 15:13

2 comments:

Anne House said...

Hey, LouAnn- It's Anne from Faithsisters...I don't know if you even remember me, but I have a Faithbooking column in Scrapbook News and Review magazine- and I need your layout: The Wonderful Cross....PLEASE!! lol-it is perfect for a column I did for March. Could you contact me at ahouse@scrapbooknewsandreview.com please. Thanks!

Sally said...

Hey LouAnn, I'm putting you on my blogroll if that's ok. I love the blessings part of your blog...and of course all the deals you put on there!