Tuesday, May 26, 2009

52 Blessings - TRUST

My blessing this week: TRUST
In the last few months our pastor has done a complete series on Trusting God in Uncertain Times, my WOW group spent 2 months on "Trusting God Even when Life Hurts" by Jerry Bridges, and our small group spent 10 weeks going through the study guide for that same book. I think God was trying to get my attention. :) This morning Clare & I prayed about different things and one was the uncertainty of their jobs when the outsourcing is official on June 30. And that whole "trust" thing hit me again. I feel like I am trusting the Lord in this situation, but it's so good to be reminded that it is a CHOICE to trust in Him even when my tendency would be to worry. And this morning, in my Bible reading for today was this verse. Proverbs 16:20 -- He who heeds the word wisely will find good, AND WHOEVER TRUSTS IN THE LORD, HAPPY IS HE.
Thanks for the reminder Lord. I need it! :)

May your day be incredibly blessed!


A glad heart makes a happy face. Prov. 15:13

2 comments:

Erin Bassett said...

Thanks for this post LouAnn! I'm really struggling with trusting the Lord this year with all that's been happening in our life. I just put these books in my cart online & they are on their way to me...can't wait to get started on this study.

http://erinbassett.typepad.com

Marilee said...

I hear ya, LouAnn...trust is a big issue. I struggled with that a few years ago. Still do about different things today. Thanks for sharing!